Siebel Business Process Framework: Task UI Guide > Configuring Task UI > Creating New Tasks >
Creating New Tasks Using the New Task Wizard
The New Task wizard consists of a single page that allows you to specify the most important task flow properties. The wizard allows you to do the following:
- Specify a project for the task.
- Give the task a name and a display name.
- Indicate whether the task is a subtask. (For information on subtasks, see Subtasks.)
- Select the business object on which the task operates.
- Specify the default transient business component for the task, if necessary.
NOTE: For a detailed description of the task flow properties, see the description of the Task object, in the Siebel Object Types Reference.
To create a new task using the New Task wizard
- In Siebel Tools, choose New Object from the File menu.
- In the New Object Wizards dialog box, click the Task tab.
- Select the Task icon, and click OK.
- Use the wizard to complete the steps of creating a new task.
NOTE: You can also access the New Task wizard through the pop-up menu available by right-clicking in the Tasks OBLE.