Siebel Field Service Guide > Assets > Setting Up Assets >
Creating Transactions and Components
End users must create transactions to add components to an asset.
To manually associate a transaction with an asset
- Navigate to the Assets screen > List view.
- Drill down on the Asset # field for a selected asset, and then click the Transactions view tab.
- Create a new record and complete the fields as appropriate.
To create components
- Follow the steps of To manually associate a transaction with an asset.
- In the Type field, select Install as the transaction type. Then click the Components view tab.
The asset selected in the transaction record appears in the Components list for the primary asset.