Siebel Order Management Guide > Using Asset-Based Ordering >
Creating a Quote that Modifies an Asset
Employee end users can use the following procedure to create a quote that is based on an asset. For example, a customer has five phone lines installed as part of a small business service product. The customer calls and wants to add more phone lines. You would use the existing installed asset as the basis for a new quote that adds more phone lines.
When you use this procedure, the account type determines whether a quote or order is created. If the account type is Residential, quotes are not created and all modifications of the service profile create an order directly. For all other account types, a quote is created.
NOTE: The following procedure shows you how to create a modify quote for an asset owned by an account. In contact-based ABO, the user does not create modify quotes but only modify orders.
To modify an installed asset
- Navigate to the Accounts screen, then the Accounts List view.
- In the Accounts list, click the name of the appropriate account.
- Click the Account Summary view tab.
- In the Installed Asset list, select the installed asset you want to modify.
- Click Modify.
Siebel Configurator displays the current configuration of the item, adjusted for any open orders.
- In the Configurator selection pages, modify the configuration by adding or deleting items or by changing item attribute values.
- When you are finished modifying the configuration, click Done in the selection pages.
The Quote form appears and the changes you made are shown in the Line Items list.
- In the Line Items list, verify that items display correctly and have the correct action codes.
The configuration displayed in the quote is a composite of the asset as it is currently installed and adjustments to the asset requested in open orders.
- Click Profile to return to the Account Summary view.