Siebel Order Management Guide > Using Asset-Based Ordering >
Submitting an Order Using Asset-Based Ordering
Employee end users who are using asset-based ordering can use the following procedure to submit an order.
NOTE: The following procedure shows how to submit an order for an asset owned by an account. You can also submit an order for an asset owned by a contact using a similar procedure, by navigating to the Contacts screen, then the Contact Summary view.
To submit an order
- Navigate to the Accounts screen, then the Accounts List view.
- In the Accounts list, click the name of the appropriate account.
- Click the Account Summary view tab.
- In the Orders list, drill down on the desired Order #.
The Sales Order form and Line Items list appear displaying details of the order.
- In the Sales Order form, click Submit.
The Status changes to Open for the order and for any line items that were previously pending.