Siebel Order Management Guide > Using Asset-Based Ordering >
Revising a Submitted Order Using Asset-Based Ordering
Employee end users may need to revise an order that has been submitted. It must be revised before it can be changed and resubmitted. This is also called a supplemental order. The following procedure describes how end users can do this to open orders.
NOTE: The following procedure shows how to revise a submitted order for an asset owned by an account. You can also revise a submitted order for an asset owned by a contact using a similar procedure, by navigating to the Contacts screen, then the Contact Summary view.
To revise a submitted order
- Navigate to the Accounts screen, then the Accounts List view.
- In the Accounts list, click the name of the appropriate account.
- Click the Account Summary view tab.
- In the Orders list, drill down on the desired order number of the open order.
The Sales Order form and Line Items list appear, displaying details of the order.
- In the Sales Order form, click Revise.
- In the Line Items list, select the line item you want to modify.
- To change the configuration of a line item, select the item and click Customize.
A Configurator session launches and displays selection pages. The selection pages display the current configuration of the customer asset adjusted for any open orders.
- Modify the configuration of the customizable product or service as needed and click Done.
- In the Sales Order form, click Submit.
The Status changes to Open for the order and any line items that were previously pending.
The integrator is responsible for extending the Submit Order Process workflow to do both of the following:
- Compare the before and after versions of the order.
- Interact with the service fulfillment system to cancel, update, roll back, or accelerate the order line items.