Siebel Order Management Guide > Using Asset-Based Ordering >
Suspending and Resuming Service
When you create a suspend order, you stop service. The customer is still the owner of the service, but no service is being delivered. When you create a resume order, you recommence a service that has been suspended.
You may use suspend and resume orders for a number of reasons:
- Customers who are going on vacation may want to suspend their newspaper delivery service while they are away.
- A chain store may have one branch in a remote location that closes for the winter, so it wants to suspend both its phone and internet service to that site for the winter.
- A phone company may have a policy saying that, if customers have not paid their bills for three months and do not respond to calls from collection agents, the phone company suspends their service. The phone company resumes service after the bills are paid.
- Customers may report that they have lost their cell phones, and the phone company suspends service to prevent fraud. When the phones are found, the company resumes the service.
NOTE: The following procedures show how to suspend and resume service for an asset owned by an account. You can also suspend and resume service for an asset owned by a contact using similar procedures, by navigating to the Contacts screen, then the Contact Summary view.
To enter a suspend order
- Navigate to the Accounts screen, then the Accounts List view.
- In the Accounts list, click the name of the account that has the service.
- Click the Account Summary Assets view tab.
- In the Installed Assets list, if necessary, do a query to find the assets to be suspended.
For example, if you want to suspend service to a site, query on the Point of Service field to find all assets for that site.
- In the Installed Assets list, select one or more services with the status of Active.
- From the Installed Assets menu, select Suspend.
Use the following procedure to enter a resume order.
To enter a resume order
- Navigate to the Installed Assets view.
- In the Installed Assets list, select a service that has the status of Suspended.
- From the Installed Assets menu, select Resume.