Siebel Order Management Infrastructure Guide > Unified Messaging >
Implementing a Custom Message-Generation Engine
Any workflow or custom script can add, update, or delete messages stored and displayed by the Unified Messaging framework. The PSP engine provides a framework for implementing a custom message-generation engine. For example, you might implement a PSP procedure to generate disclosures that must be read before a product can be sold (such as "Are you 21?") and then display those messages via Unified Messaging. This topic provides the general approach to implementing a custom message-generation engine.
To implement a custom message-generation engine
- Create new message types with associated responses and automated execution business services.
- Create a PSP procedure that generates a Message List property set and passes that list to the UMS using the Update Messages method.
- Use a new source name to distinguish these messages from others that are similar.
- Make sure all payload variables are populated.
- Make sure each message ID is unique and invariant.
- Set up run-time events or signals to execute the new message-generation engine at the desired points in the UI process flow.
NOTE: Make sure to set up events that clear messages when they no longer apply.
- Add the Message Display list applet or enable the Pop-Up Message list applet for the views where the new messages are relevant.