Siebel Pricing Administration Guide > Creating Product Promotions > Process of Creating Product Promotions >
Defining Eligibility Rules for Product Promotions
Promotions may be restricted to only some of your customers. For example, a promotion may be offered only to customers in certain states. You can define rules that specify which customers are eligible for the promotion. For more information, see the section about eligibility rules in Siebel Order Management Guide.
NOTE: Effective in the 7.8.2 version, the Check Eligibility flag and Inclusive Eligibility flag have been moved to the promotion header from the Versions view.
To define eligibility rules for a product promotion
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen > Product Promotions view.
- In the Product Promotions list, select the promotion for which you are defining the eligibility rules.
- In the Rules Display view, select the Check Eligibility and Compatibility check box.
- Click the Eligibility and Compatibility view tab and in the Rules link bar, click Eligibility.
- Add new records to the Rules list and complete the necessary fields, as described in Siebel Order Management Guide.