Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Creating a Simple List Report > Process of Creating a Custom Report With Actuate e.Report Designer Professional >
Building, Running, and Testing a Custom Report
The report is built and run, and can also be debugged in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional. When the report is ready to be deployed, the executable version of the report is moved to the folder where the Siebel application obtains report executables.
This task is a step in Process of Creating a Custom Report With Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
To build, run, and test a custom report
- Log in to the Siebel client, then navigate to the Opportunities screen, Opportunities List view.
Make sure the desired query is active. The relevant application and view must be open to allow the report to obtain records. Also, the set of records displayed in the view is the set of records used in the report.
- In Actuate e.Report Designer Professional, from the application-level menu chose Report, and then the Build and Run menu item.
The report appears in the Web browser. You can test your report as you develop it in Actuate. Note that the report displays the data records in the same order in which they are displayed in the Siebel client. If the Actuate Output window displays an error message indicating that no data is available for the report, make sure your Siebel application has queried the appropriate records and that the cursor is positioned on the first record.
NOTE: If the cursor is positioned on a record other than the first record, all records might not appear. This is due to the Forward Only mode of the query.
- If prompted, click OK to accept any defaults that appear in the Requester dialog box.
- Make corrections to the report design as necessary and recompile as often as required.
While making corrections to the report, if you need to review the Actuate Output window for the previous error message, go to View, then Output Window or use the hotkey Alt-v followed by w.
- Use Microsoft Windows Explorer to copy the Testrept.rox file from the location where you saved the testrept.rod file.
For example, $\Siebel\RPTSRC\custom to the REPORTS folder in your Siebel application installation directory. A typical reports folder is $\Siebel\REPORTS.
For more information, see Siebel Reports Directory Structure.
- From the application-level menu in the Siebel client, click Reports, and then choose the Test Report menu item.
The report appears in the Siebel client. If you encounter problems, verify the following:
- If Test Report does not appear in the Reports menu, verify that the My Opportunities view is active. If the correct view is active, the problem could lie in the configuration of the view report object definition that defines the report menu. Make sure the report menu is a child of the correct view, in this case, the Opportunity List view.
- If a message appears describing that the Siebel application cannot find the report, verify you have moved the executable to the correct folder.
Building Reports with Actuate 8
Actuate 8 e.Report Designer Professional includes changes made to improve performance. The program is now more stringent and catches errors that might have been ignored in earlier versions. When creating new reports with Actuate 8, the report build might fail due to the Indirect DataRow Member Access variable not being set correctly. The procedure in this topic can be used to set or correct this variable.
To build reports with Actuate 8
1 Edit the following registry variable on the system where erdpro is installed:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actuate\e.Report Designer Professional
Set value to
1 (default value is zero).
IndirectDataRowMemberAccess is not present in your registry, create a
DWORD value with the name
IndirectDataRowMemberAccess and Hexadecimal value of
Close all open erdpro instances, and then open a new erdpro session.
Compile your report.