Siebel Server Sync Guide > Using Siebel Server Sync for Microsoft Exchange Server >
About Using SSSE with Contact Records
The SSSE administrator sets the synchronization level for contact records to either Full Sync, Export Only, or None. The SSSE administrator sets personal contacts and business contacts synchronization levels independently. Users can change personal contacts to business contacts in either Siebel Business Applications or Microsoft Outlook, but users can only change business contacts to personal contacts in Microsoft Outlook.
NOTE: Synchronization of data from the Siebel Personal Contact domain is not supported if you are using Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
Contacts are synchronized only if the user uses the Add To Sync List command to request that the contact record is synchronized. The Add To Sync List command adds the current user to the Sync List MVG field for the selected record. For additional information, see Enabling and Disabling Contact Records for Synchronization. For business contacts, if Visibility is set to Sales Rep, contact records to be synchronized must also be visible in the user's My Contacts list.
SSSE applies the following rules when synchronizing contact records:
- For successful synchronization of business contact records that have either account information or Business Address information, when synchronizing from Microsoft Exchange to a Siebel application, the contact information must include both an Account Name and an Account Location.
- If an SSSE user has multiple positions in the Siebel application, contacts are synchronized with the user's primary position.
- If a new account is added to a business contact in Microsoft Outlook, that account is made the primary account for that contact when the record is synchronized with Siebel Business Applications. Any accounts previously associated with that contact remain associated but are not primary.
- If a new business address is added to a business contact record in Microsoft Outlook, that business address is made the primary business address for that contact when the record is synchronized with Siebel Business Applications. Any business addresses previously associated with that contact remain associated but are not primary.
- If a new personal address is added to a business contact record in Microsoft Outlook, that personal address is made the primary personal address for that contact when the record is synchronized with Siebel Business Applications. Any personal addresses previously associated with that contact remain associated but are not primary.
NOTE: SSSE does not support the synchronization of Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange Server distribution lists. SSSE can synchronize only individual contacts.
For more information about using SSSE with contacts records, see the following topics. These topics are applicable to both the My Contacts and My Personal Contacts views, and assume that synchronization for the Contacts domain is set to Full Sync.