Siebel Security Guide > Security Adapter Authentication > Process of Installing and Configuring LDAP Client Software >
Installing the IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit on Linux
This topic describes how to obtain the IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit installation files on Linux.
This task is a step in Process of Installing and Configuring LDAP Client Software.
To obtain IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit installation files on Linux
- Log in as root.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the folder Linux/Server_Ancillary/IBM_LDAP_6.0_Client/enu.
This directory contains two files:
Choose this file if you want to use an installation wizard to install the IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit.
Choose this file if you want to install the IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit using the command line.
- Copy one of the files described in Step 2 to an empty directory that has at least 50 MB of available space.
- Enter the following command:
tar -xvf nameOfSelectedFile.tar
The directory nameOfSelectedFile is created at the current location and the IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit files are unpacked and installed into it.
- When you have installed and configured the LDAP Client, add the directory path of the IBM LDAP 6.0 libraries to the library path environment variable in either the siebenv.csh (C shell) or siebenv.sh (Bourne or Korn shell) script file. For information on this task, see Configuring the siebenv.csh and siebenv.sh Scripts for the LDAP Client.
- Stop and restart the Siebel Server.