Siebel eService Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel eBanking and Siebel eBrokerage >
Service Requests in Siebel eBanking and eBrokerage
Siebel eBanking and Siebel eBrokerage allow users to create service requests, such as funds transfers, and save the request as a Service Request record. Preconfigured, Siebel eBanking and Siebel eBrokerage do not provide prebuilt business logic governing the creation of requests, such as limits on data entry or other error checking. The following tasks should be performed by the configurator or system administrator:
- Establish appropriate user responsibilities and visibility to provide only necessary views, applets, or controls.
- Review all applets to make sure they display values relevant for your organization.
- Determine and set required fields at both object and user interface levels.
- Implement field validation logic. Field validation should be configured using the Validation Business Service or by setting object properties in Siebel Tools. For more complex logic, server scripting can be employed. Note that Siebel eBanking and Siebel eBrokerage are considered standard interactivity applications.
- Test the configured application, including integration and boundary conditions to verify business logic and error messages. The system administrator should understand the location of each data element stored during the creation of a service request, at both object and database levels.
- If applicable, confirm that employee users have access to the service request data captured in Siebel eBanking and Siebel eBrokerage.
- If applicable, confirm that service requests created in Siebel eBanking appear to the user in the various Service Request list applets.