Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Order Management in Siebel PRM > Order Management with Standard Partner Commerce >
Adding Bulk Items to the Shopping Cart (Standard Partner Commerce)
Business users frequently need to order configurable items in bulk. For example, a business user may order 20 configurable phone lines for installation at the same location. Rather than configure each instance separately, users can configure the item once and apply the configuration to all the instances. They can then adjust the configuration of individual instances of the item as needed.
This procedure uses the workflow CUT eSales - Ungroup Quote, which is described in Workflows to Ungroup Quotes.
To add bulk items to the shopping cart
- Add a configurable item to the Shopping Cart.
- Navigate to the Shopping Cart and click the item's active record indicator (the diamond button in the left column).
- In the item's Qty field, enter the quantity.
- Click Update Quantity.
- If necessary, click the item's active record indicator to select it again.
- Click Customize.
Selection pages appear that display the configurable components and attributes of the item.
- Select components and attributes, and then click Done.
The Shopping Cart appears.
- Verify that the item's active record indicator is highlighted, and then click Ungroup.
- To adjust the configuration of an ungrouped instance of the item, click its active record indicator, and then click Customize.