Product Administration Guide > Technical Reference >
Revising the System Default Cardinalities
When a you create a relationship in a customizable product, you can specify a minimum, maximum, and default cardinality. If you do not specify cardinalities, the system uses the following defaults:
- Minimum cardinality = 0
- Default cardinality = 0
- Maximum cardinality = 999
If you do not specify cardinalities this means that users are not required to select any items from the relationship and are limited to selecting a maximum of 999 items.
You can change these defaults as needed. For example, you can set the maximum system default cardinality to a number larger than 999.
To revise the system default cardinalities
- In Siebel Tools, locate the Complex Product Structure BusComp.
- Within the business component, locate the desired field: Default Cardinality, Max Cardinality, or Min Cardinality.
- Display the user properties for the field.
- Set the Pre Default Value user property to the desired amount.
The amount should be an integer that is greater than or equal to 0.