|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel eSales Administration Guide > Using Third-Party Payment Applications > CyberSource Integration with Siebel eSales >
Credit Card Transaction Service Business Service
The Credit Card Transaction Service business service controls the process shown in Figure 33:
- Siebel EAI passes data from a quote record and the method name to a Siebel output integration object.
- The Siebel Data Transformation Engine maps the Siebel output integration object to a CyberSource input integration object.
- The Siebel EAI XML Converter converts the vendor input integration object into XML, using the CC XML Converter Business Service, and passes the XML data and method name to the CyberSource Adapter Service.
- The CyberSource Adapter Service business service processes the data, converts it into Siebel eScript, and passes it to CyberSource using the CyberSource API.
- The CyberSource Adapter Service gets the payment information from CyberSource in Siebel eScript via the CyberSource API.
- The CyberSource Adapter Service formats the payment information into an XML string.
- The Siebel EAI XML Converter converts the XML into a vendor output integration object.
- The Siebel Data Transformation Engine maps the vendor output integration object to a Siebel input integration object.
- Siebel EAI updates the quote record with the payment information.
Business Service Methods
The Credit Card Transaction Service has business service methods for each type of credit card transaction:
- AuthCharge. Used to authorize and settle charges. Makes sure that the funds are available, reserves them, and requests that they be transferred in one call. This is done when fulfilling orders immediately (for example, digital downloads).
- Authorization. Called from the eSales - Authorize Order Process workflow. Allocates to the merchant a specific amount of the credit available to the cardholder, typically for one week. No funds are transferred.
The merchant authorizes a credit card to make sure of the following:
- The customer has the funds to pay for the purchase.
- These funds are reserved until the merchant is able to ship the product. Credit card companies typically state that a merchant should not settle until the product has been shipped.
- Charge. Used to settle charges. A settlement request includes the authorization code and requests that funds be transferred from the cardholder's account to the merchant's bank account.
- Process. Not used, but available to customers for calling other methods from the third-party adapter.
- Refund. Takes place after a settlement when the merchant needs to transfer money back to the cardholder, as in the case of a return.
- Reverse. Releases the amount of money reserved by an authorization. This transaction, not supported by CyberSource, is important because authorizations reserve part of a cardholder's credit and therefore reduce the total amount of credit available.
The arguments for these methods are:
- Validate. Checks the credit card number, using the Mod 10 algorithm to make sure that it is valid, and the expiration date. This is done by Siebel during rapid checkout and after selecting and saving payment information, not by CyberSource.
The arguments for Validate are:
Business Service User Properties
The business service user properties specify the adapter business service to call, the configuration object to use, the vendor integration objects to use, and the text of the error messages. The active business service user properties are shown in Table 18.
Table 18. Credit Card Transaction Service User Properties Business Service User Property Value Create Order on Web 1, 18, 19, 20, 21These response codes will not return an error. Administrators should query for orders with these message types and investigate them manually. For more information, see Administrative Tasks. CyberSourceICS2:Adapter Business Service CyberSource Adapter Service CyberSourceICS2:AuthCharge Object (Vendor Input) CreditCard - Authorization (CyberSource Input) CyberSourceICS2:AuthCharge Object (Vendor Output) CreditCard - AuthCharge (CyberSource Output) CyberSourceICS2:Authorization Object (Vendor Input) CreditCard - Authorization (CyberSource Input) CyberSourceICS2:Authorization Object (Vendor Output) CreditCard - Authorization (CyberSource Output) CyberSourceICS2:Charge Object (Vendor Input) CreditCard - Charge (CyberSource Input) CyberSourceICS2:Charge Object (Vendor Output) CreditCard - Charge (CyberSource Output) CyberSourceICS2:Configuration Object CreditCard - Configuration (CyberSource) CyberSourceICS2:Refund Object (Vendor Input) CreditCard - Refund (CyberSource Input) CyberSourceICS2:Refund Object (Vendor Output) CreditCard - Refund (CyberSource Output) Response Message:1 Transaction was successful. Response Message:2 Transaction was not successful. Please call your credit card company or try another credit card. Response Message:3 Transaction was declined. Please select another credit card. Response Message:4 There is a problem with this credit card. Please select another credit card. Response Message:5 Your credit card has expired. Please select another card. Response Message:6 Please check the credit card details or select another card. Response Message:7 Your credit card is invalid. Please check the card details or select another credit card. Response Message:8 Transaction declined by the bank. Please select another credit card. Response Message:9 Your credit card number does not match the card type. Please check the card details or select another credit card. Response Message:10 The billing address you entered does not match the billing address of your credit card. Please check the card details or select another card.This response is given when CyberSource returns DAVSNO. For more information, see Address Verification with CyberSource. Response Message:11 Please check to make sure you have entered complete credit card information. Response Message:12 There is not enough available credit on this card. Please select another credit card. Response Message:13 There was an error in processing. Please check the credit card information and try again or select another credit card. Response Message:14 This type of credit card is not accepted. Please select another card. Response Message:15 There is no corresponding, unused authorization record. Please authorize for this amount prior to settling. Response Message:16 A credit or refund is only allowed when there is a corresponding settlement transaction referenced. Response Message:17 Transaction has been settled, so it cannot be voided. Response Message:18 You are not authorized to perform this transaction type. Response Message:19 Error happened in adapter business service. Please contact your application administrator. Response Message:20 Error occurred in CyberSource. Please contact your application administrator. Response Message:21 The connection to CyberSource has timed out. Please try the operation later.
The complete response messages, and not the codes, are shown in the Siebel eSales application.
For more information on modifying business service user properties, see Siebel Tools Reference.
|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel eSales Administration Guide
Published: 18 April 2003