Upgrading from AquaLogic Interaction 6.1 to 6.5 MP1
This section provides an outline of the tasks required
to upgrade your ALI 6.1 installation to ALI 6.5 MP1 on Windows platforms.
- If you have multiple search nodes in a search cluster,
purge the contents of your search cluster.
For details, see Purging the Search Cluster.
- Shut down your search node(s).
From the Services control panel, stop
the BEA ALI Search host_name service.
Note: This needs to be done on each machine that hosts a search
- Upgrade your portal servers, activity servers, automation
servers, and search server components using the AquaLogic Interaction
6.5 MP1 installer.
For details, see AquaLogic 6.5 MP1 Installer Wizard Pages on Windows.
- Upgrade the AquaLogic Interaction database.
For details, seeRunning the 6.1 to 6.5 MP1 SQL Database Upgrade Script
- Restart portal and start your search node(s).
Do not start the automation servers.
- Rebuild your portal search index.
For details, see Rebuilding the Search Index.
- Rebuild your Collaboration and Publisher indexes.
To do this, access the administration utility for each product
via your portal. For details, see the following administrator guides:
- Administrator Guide for AquaLogic Interaction Collaboration
- Administrator Guide for AquaLogic Interaction Publisher
- Rebuild your Pathways index.
- Log in to the portal as the administrator.
- Click Administration.
- From the Select Utility drop-down
menu, select Pathways Administration.
- Click Start under Tag Rebuild
on the General page.
- Start your automation servers.
- Import the Search Cluster Manager migration package.
For details, see Importing the Search Cluster Manager Migration Package