About Remote Oracle WebCenter Collaboration APIs
The Oracle WebCenter Interaction Development Kit (IDK)
remote Collaboration API (com.plumtree.remote.prc.collaboration) provides
programmatic access to many of the objects stored within Oracle WebCenter Collaboration. Use this remote programming interface
to embed collaborative components and functions into any web application
delivered through the Oracle WebCenter Interaction framework.
The PRC Collaboration API can be used to access existing Oracle
WebCenter Collaboration objects. Each object interface provides a GetDetailsURL method that returns the URL to the associated
detail page in Oracle WebCenter Collaboration. To create a URL to
a component, first obtain an instance of the associated object, then
call the getDetailsURL method.
For more details on Oracle WebCenter Collaboration functionality,
see the Administrator Guide for Oracle WebCenter Collaboration and the online help.
- About Remote Oracle WebCenter Collaboration Project OperationsEvery Oracle WebCenter Collaboration task, document and discussion is associated with a project; the project must exist before you can create any component objects. Using the PRC Collaboration API in the Oracle WebCenter Interaction Development Kit (IDK), you can query, create and modify projects, and manage project security and subscriptions from a remote application.
- About Remote Oracle WebCenter Collaboration Discussion OperationsOracle WebCenter Collaboration discussions provide a virtual forum where project users hold online conversations on subjects of interest. The PRC Collaboration API in the IDK (com.plumtree.remote.prc.collaboration.discussion ) allows you to manage discussions remotely and embed discussion functionality in your remote applications.
- About Remote Oracle WebCenter Collaboration Document and Folder OperationsDocuments are any kind of file uploaded to a Oracle WebCenter Collaboration project, including spreadsheets, presentations, images, and PDF files. Documents are organized in a standard folder taxonomy. The PRC Collaboration API in the Oracle WebCenter Interaction Development Kit (IDK) provides full access to documents and folders, allowing you to query, create, or modify these objects.
- About Remote Oracle WebCenter Collaboration Task OperationsOracle WebCenter Collaboration tasks can be used to track workflow and process in a wide range of applications. Using the PRC Collaboration API in the Oracle WebCenter Interaction Development Kit (IDK), you can query, create, and modify tasks and task lists, as well as manage workflow and task dependencies.
- Oracle WebCenter Collaboration Access LevelsThe following matrix describes the default permissions for each access level and Oracle WebCenter Collaboration component.