Administration Console Online Help

    Previous Next  Open TOC in new window 
Content starts here

Work Manager: Fair Share: Configuration

Configuration Options     Related Tasks     Related Topics

Use this page to configure properties for the selected Fair Share Request Class.

A request class expresses a scheduling guideline that WebLogic Server uses to allocate threads to requests. Request classes help ensure that high priority work is scheduled before less important work, even if the high priority work is submitted after the lower priority work. WebLogic Server takes into account how long it takes for requests to each module to complete.

A Fair Share Request Class specifies the average thread-use time required to process requests.

The value of a fair share request class is specified as a relative value, not a percentage. Therefore if two request classes were defined as 400 and 100, they would still have the same relative values as 80 and 20 or 4 and 1 respectively.

For example, RequestClass1, RequestClass2 and RequestClass3 have the fair share values 10, 20 and 50 respectively. There is a 12.5% (10/80) chance that the next free thread will perform work for RequestClass1. Similarly, there is a 25% (20/80) chance it will next service RequestClass2 and a 62.5% (50/80) chance it will next service RequestClass3.

Configuration Options

Name Description

The user-specified name of this MBean instance.

This name is included as one of the key properties in the MBean's

MBean Attribute:

Changes take effect after you redeploy the module or restart the server.

Fair Share

Fair share value

MBean Attribute:

Minimum value: 1

Maximum value: 1000

Related Tasks

Related Topics

  Back to Top