JDBC Data Source: Monitoring: Testing
Buttons Column Display Related Tasks Related Topics
Use this page to test database connections in this JDBC data source.
When you test a database connection, WebLogic Server reserves a connection from the data source, runs the query as defined in Test Table Name, and then returns the connection to the pool in the data source.
- Connection testing relies on testing options that you configure on the Data Source > Configuration > Connection Pool page. You must select Test Connections on Reserve and specify a table name or SQL query in Test Table Name.
Name Description Test Data Source
Tests a connection from the selected data source instance using the query defined in Test Table Name on the Data Source > Configuration > Connection Pool page. Also requires that Test Connections On Reserve is selected.
You can show fewer or additional data points on this page by expanding Customize this table and modifying the Column Display list. Each data point displays in its own table column.
The following table lists all of the data points that you can display in columns on this page.
Name Description Server
The server on which the data source instance is deployed.
The current state of the data source.
Possible states are:
- the data source is enabled (deployed and not
Suspended). This is the normal state of the data source.
- the data source has been manually disabled.
- the data source is shutdown and all database connections have been closed.
- all resources in pool are in use.
- all connections are unavailable (not because they are in use). This state occurs if the database server is unavailable when the data source is created (creation retry must be enabled) or if all connections have failed connection tests (on creation, on reserve, or periodic testing).
- the data source state is unknown.