Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Activity Plans and Sales Methods >
Creating TAS Customer Milestone Templates in a Localized Application
The sample Target Account Selling (TAS) Customer Milestone activity template is available only in English. If you are running a localized version of the Siebel Sales application (a version in a language other than English), and are using the Target Account Selling module, you must create an activity template of type Milestone, as outlined in the following procedure.
This task is a step in Process of Administering and Using Activity Plans.
To translate a TAS Customer Milestone template for a localized application
- Navigate to the Application - Data screen, then the Activity Templates view.
- In the Activity Templates list, query for records of type Milestone where Milestone is the translation of the English word in the localization language.
NOTE: For the translation, see the Interface Terminology Look-up manual for your language, or, in the List of Values, look for the Display Value that corresponds to the Language-Independent Code for Milestone. For more information about List of Values, see Working with Lists of Values.
The query finds the following six records:
- 1-Request Offering(s)
- 2-Evaluate Offering(s)
- 3-Approve / Select
- 4-Legal / Purchasing
- For each of the six templates, complete the following steps:
- Click the Activity Templates Detail view tab.
- Make sure that for each detail record, the Type is Recommended Activity where Recommended Activity is the translation of the English phrase in the localized language. (See note in Step 2.)
- (Optional) Translate the Description of each detail record into the localized language.
- Add a milestone, and make sure that the six Activity Templates appear in the Event field drop-down list.
For more information, see Adding Customer Milestones.