Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Configuring the Inbox >
Planning for Inbox Configuration
Before you start configuring the Inbox, complete some research and planning.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up and Configuring Inbox.
To plan an Inbox Configuration
- Choose the feature object you want to integrate with the Inbox.
For example, Employee Self-Service forms, Service Requests, Opportunities.
- Analyze how the object is currently accessed. Consider the following questions:
- Is the object accessed from the UI or from workflow processes? Is the object accessed from one place or many places?
- How is the object related to other objects? Are other objects dependent on the object?
- What operations do users perform on the object?
- Determine the integration mechanism by considering what must happen to the object after it enters the Inbox.
The types of integration with the Inbox include:
- Consider the following best practices:
- Interact with the Inbox only through the methods in the Universal Inbox business service. Do not edit the Inbox fields directly.
- Do not customize the fields in the Inbox.
- You cannot reactivate an Inbox item after the item has been deactivated for the owner. Instead, you must create a new Inbox item for that owner.