Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Messages >
Setting Up Single and Recurring Alerts (End User)
You can set up an ongoing alert type for an individual. This individual always receives an alert when you assign a message to this individual.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up and Using Messages.
To set up a recurring message alert
- Navigate to the Messages screen, Messaging List, and then the Message Alert Setup view.
- In the Message Alerts Setup list, click New.
- In the new Message Alert record, click the select button in the Last Name field.
- In the Pick Contact dialog box, select the name, and then click OK.
- In the Alert Type drop-down list, select the type of alert.
Sending a Single Message Alert
You also can assign an alert to a single message to notify the recipient of a message. You can assign this alert either while you are creating the message or after you have saved the message.
To send a single message alert
- Navigate to the Messages screen, Messaging List, then the Daily Messages view.
- In the Daily Messages list, click New.
- In the form at the bottom of the view, click the drop down list in the Alert Type field, and then choose the type of alert to assign to the message.