Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Opportunity Workflows >
Modifying Opportunity Workflows
An administrator can modify the opportunity workflows. The administrator can make the following changes:
- Modify the text of the email.
- Change the notification time.
- Set the lead notification restrictions.
- Add other Siebel fields.
NOTE: The opportunity workflows are shipped as seed data. To modify a workflow, make a copy of the original workflow, and then modify the copy.
To modify the text of an opportunity workflow email
Restricting Conditions for Delivery of Emails
Complete the following procedure to restrict conditions for delivery of emails.
To restrict conditions for delivery of emails
- Navigate to the Administration - Business Process screen, then the Workflow Policies view.
- Select one of the email notification policies:
- Email Notification of Assigned Oppty
- Email Notification of Inactive Oppty
- Email Notification of Lost Oppty
- Email Notification of Pending Oppty
- Email Notification of Won Oppty
- In the Conditions applet, select a condition, or create a new condition.
- Use the Operation and Value fields to modify the condition.
For example, to send email notifications for leads that have a high lead quality, create the following condition:
- Condition Field is Opportunity Lead Quality.
- Operation is =.
- Value is 1-excellent.
Stop Sending Email Notifications to a Sales Representative's Manager
Complete the following procedure to stop sending email notifications to a sales representative's manager.
To stop sending email notifications to a sales representative's manager
- Edit the workflow so that there is a single connector between Start and End. (Delete all other arrows.)