Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Target Account Selling >
Developing a Relationship Strategy
Information captured in the Relationship Strategy view helps sales professionals develop a relationship strategy for each of the key players for an opportunity. The view allows sales teams to share their understanding of the business and personal decision issues for each contact.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Target Account Selling.
To add relationship strategy information
- Navigate to the Opportunities screen, then the Opportunities List view.
- Drill down on the Opportunity Name field of an opportunity record.
- Click the Target Account Selling view tab.
- In the lower link bar, click Relationship Strategy.
- In the list, create a new record, and complete the following steps:
- From the Add Contacts dialog box, select the contact or contacts you want to add, and then click OK.
NOTE: All contacts added in the organization map automatically appear in the Contacts list, and all contacts added in the Contacts list appear in the organization map.
- In the Relationship Strategy list, complete the Business Agenda, Personal Agenda and Relationship Strategy fields for each contact.
You complete this information only for key players in the organization. Role, level of influence, and rank determines key players in the organization.
- Add decision criteria by completing the following steps:
- In the Relationship Strategy list, select a contact.
- In the Decision Criteria list, create a new record, and complete the necessary fields.
NOTE: The administrator might want to create a record called Custom that users can select from the list of decision criteria. This record can be used to track issues that are unique to the contact and do not already exist in the Siebel database.