Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Target Account Selling >
Adding Notes to Opportunities
The Notes view consolidates comments (for example, notes and directions) created by various members of the sales team. These notes can be marked for general viewing or can be kept private. The Notes view allows the sales team to aggregate and track observations about the opportunity throughout the sales process.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Target Account Selling.
To add a note
- Navigate to the Opportunities screen, then the Opportunities List view.
- Drill down on the Opportunity Name field of an opportunity record.
- Click the Notes view tab.
- Select Public Notes or Private Notes from the link bar in the Notes view.
- In the Notes view, create a new record.
The Created field is automatically completed.
- Complete the Description field.