Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Web Services >
About the Word Web Service
The Word Web service enables you to use the Word mail merge feature directly with your Siebel database. The Word Web service adds a custom toolbar to your documents. You can use the toolbar to perform your mail merge tasks. You can use the Word Web service to perform the following tasks:
- Create a list of mail merge recipients with data from your Siebel database.
- Refine your mail merge message and add fields to represent fields from your Siebel database.
- Preview your mail merge documents with the data fields populated with data from your Siebel database.
- Print or email your mail merge documents directly from Word.
- Log each mail merge event as an activity in your Siebel database.
By default, the following record types are supported:
- Service Requests