Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Business Services >
Creating Business Services in Siebel Business Applications
You can define business services in Siebel Business Applications using the Business Service Administration screens. The business services you create in the client are stored in the Siebel Database. This topic illustrates the creation of business services using the Business Service Methods view, which includes applets to create and display the business service.
To define a business service in the Siebel application
- Navigate to the Administration - Business Service screen, Methods view.
- Click New to create a new record in the Methods form applet:
- Name. Name of the business service.
- Cache. If checked then the business service instance remains in existence until the user's session is finished; otherwise, the business service instance will be deleted after it finishes executing.
- Inactive. Check if you do not want to use the business service.
- Define methods for the business service in the Methods list applet:
- Name. Name of the method.
- Inactive. Check if you do not want to use the method.
- Define method arguments for the methods in the Method Arguments list applet:
- Name. Name of the method argument.
- Type. The type of the business service method argument. Valid values are Output, Input, and Input/Output.
- Optional. Check if you do not want this argument to be optional.
- Inactive. Check if you do not want to use the argument.
- From the link bar, select Scripts.
- Write your Siebel eScript or VB code in the Business Service Scripts list applet.
NOTE: To write any Siebel VB script in the Business Services, the operating system you are using must support Siebel VB. Siebel VB is not supported in UNIX environments.
- Click Check Syntax to check the syntax of the business service script.