Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Business Services >
Deploying Business Services as Web Services
You can deploy business services, which you have created in Siebel Tools, as Web services. The Web services can then be consumed by other applications, such as the Siebel Self-Service Applications.
To be deployed, a business service must have at least one accessible method that is supported in Siebel inbound Web services. The business service must include a valid integration object name for any hierarchical argument.
NOTE: The Hierarchy type is not supported unless a valid integration object name is specified.
For more information on Web services, see Web Services. For more information on Siebel Self-Service Applications, see Siebel Self-Service Application Developer's Guide.
To deploy a business service as a Web service
- In the Object Explorer in Siebel Tools, select the Business Service object.
The Business Services list appears.
- In the Object List Editor, right-click the business service to deploy, and then choose Deploy as Web Service.
The Expose Business Service as Web Service dialog box appears.
- Specify the following in the dialog box, and then click Finish:
- Business service methods to expose. The operation names for the business service methods are system generated. To edit an operation name, click it in the list.
- URL for the Web service. Replace
<webserver> with a valid host name and
<lang> with a valid language code, such as
- Generate WSDL check box. To generate a Web Services Description Language (WSDL) file, select the check box, and then choose a location to save the WSDL file.
The business service is deployed. Deployed business services are shown in the Administration - Business Services screen in the Siebel client. Deployed Web services are shown in the Administration - Web Services screen, Inbound Web Services view.
You can also remove (undeploy) deployed business services from the Siebel run-time database.
To undeploy a business service
- In the Siebel client, navigate to the Administration - Business Services screen.
The Details list appears.
- Query for the deployed business service, and then select it.
- Click Delete.
The business service is undeployed.