Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Integration Objects >
About Integration Object Wizards
Within Siebel Tools, there are multiple wizards associated with integration objects:
- One that creates integration objects for internal use by the Siebel application
- Others that create integration objects for external systems based on Siebel objects
Figure 2 shows the logic of the Integration Object Builder and Generate XML Schema wizards. The Code Generator wizard (not shown) works in the same manner as the Generate XML Schema wizard, but it generates Java classes.
Figure 2. Integration Object Wizards
The following are the integration object wizards:
- Integration Object Builder wizard. This wizard lets you create a new object. It supplies the functionality for creating integration objects from Siebel business objects or integration objects, based on the representations of external business objects using XML Schema Definition (XSD) or Document Type Definition (DTD). Access this wizard from the New Object Wizards dialog box in Siebel Tools. After selecting the EAI tab, double-click Integration Object to start the Integration Object Builder wizard.
- Generate XML Schema wizard. This wizard lets you choose an integration object and output XML schema in XML Schema Definition (XSD) standard, Document Type Definition (DTD), or Microsoft's XDR (XML Data Reduced) format. In the Integration Objects list in Siebel Tools, select an integration object. Then click Generate Schema to start the Generate XML Schema wizard.
- Code Generator wizard. The third wizard lets you create a set of Java class files based on any available integration object or Siebel business service. In the Integration Objects list in Siebel Tools, select an integration object. Then click Generate Code to start the Code Generator wizard.
NOTE: Specific instructions on how to use these wizards appear throughout the Siebel Enterprise Application Integration documentation set where appropriate.