Siebel Server Sync Guide > Customizing Siebel Server Sync for Microsoft Exchange Server >
Example of Changing Siebel Domain Configurations
This topic gives one example of changing SSSE Siebel domain configuration settings as part of customizing SSSE. You might use this feature differently, depending on your business requirements.
Continuing with the example from Example of Changing Integration Objects, you want to map the Spouse field of a Siebel business contact record to the corresponding Spouse field of a Microsoft Outlook business contact record so SSSE can synchronize it. To accomplish this, you must change the Siebel domain configuration as described in the following procedure.
To change a Siebel domain configuration for a new field
- Navigate to the Administration - PIM Server Integration screen, then the Siebel Domains view.
- In the Siebel Domains list, select the Siebel Business Contact record.
- In the Siebel Domain Fields list, click Sync Fields.
- In the Siebel Domain Fields list, query for the Spouse record.
- In the Spouse record, set the Field Type to Spouse.
You must now change PIM domain configurations, as described in Example of Changing PIM Domain Configurations.