Siebel Server Sync Guide > Installing Siebel Server Sync for Microsoft Exchange Server >
Applying SSSE Index Files to the Database
A number of indexes are provided with Siebel CRM that are designed to enhance the performance of the PIMSI Dispatcher. Because these indexes are relevant only to SSSE, they are not included in the Siebel Repository by default. Instead, they are provided in an archive (SIF) file that must be imported into the repository, then applied to the physical database. This topic describes how to perform these tasks.
This task is an optional step in Roadmap for Installing SSSE.
To apply SSSE indexes to the database to improve PIMSI Dispatcher performance, perform the steps in the following procedure.
To apply SSSE index files to the database
- In the Siebel Tools installation directory, navigate to the REPPATCH directory, for example, navigate to
- Locate the following files:
- SSSE_indexes_active_hor.sif (Siebel Cross-Industry Applications)
- SSSE_indexes_active_sia.sif (Siebel Industry Applications)
- Depending on the type of Siebel CRM application you have implemented, import either the SSSE_indexes_active_hor.sif file or the SSSE_indexes_active_sia.sif file into the Siebel Repository.
For detailed information on importing SIF files to the Siebel Repository, see Using Siebel Tools.
- After importing the SIF file, deploy the indexes by applying the database schema changes to the following database tables: