|C H A P T E R 9|
Incorporating Sun Fire Drivers Into a RIS Image
This chapter is intended for advanced system administrators who need to incorporate their Sun server driver package into a Remote Installation Services (RIS) image.
|Note - This information applies only to the Sun Fire X4100 and Sun Fire X4200 servers. It does not apply to the Sun Fire X4100 M2 or Sun Fire X4200 M2.|
This chapter is not a tutorial on RIS; it provides guidance on how to incorporate the Sun Fire X4100 or X4200 server-specific drivers into a RIS image.
This chapter covers the following sections:
Determining Required Drivers
Adding Drivers to the RIS Image
The server-specific drivers that must be incorporated into a RIS image are shown in TABLE 9-1 in Sun Fire X4100 and X4200 Server-Specific Drivers for RIS Installation for the Sun Fire X4100 and X4200 servers.
In the following procedure, RemoteInstall\Setup\Language\Images\Dir_name\Arch refers to the image located on the RIS server where the drivers will be added.
1. Create the following directories in RIS_Image (root of your Windows image on the RIS server.):
2. Extract the contents of DriverPack.zip to a temporary location, making sure to maintain the directory structure.
3. Update the RIS_Image with the platform-specific drivers:
4. Copy the contents of the RIS_Image\$OEM$\$1\Sun\Drivers\lsi folder to the RIS_Image\$OEM\textmode folder. (After copying the contents, you can delete the RIS_Image\OEM$\$1\Sun\Drivers\lsi folder).
5. Copy the contents of the RIS_Image\$OEM$\$1\Sun\Drivers\RIS folder to the RIS_Image\$OEM$\textmode folder. (After copying the contents, you can delete the RIS_Image\OEM$\$1\Sun\Drivers\RIS folder).
6. Copy all the files from the RIS_Image\$OEM$\$1\Sun\Drivers\nvidia\RIS folder to the Arch folder. (After copying the files, you can delete the RIS_Image\$OEM$\$1\Sun\Drivers\nvidia\RIS folder).
7. Create an answer file using the method described in the Microsoft TechNet article "Creating an Answer File with Setup Manager". The article can be found at:
8. Make the following changes to the .sif file that is used for installation.
For readability, the OemPnpDriversPath information has been shown on multiple lines. The information must be entered on a single line:
9. Stop and start the Remote Installation Service (BINLSVC) on the RIS server.
To do this, type the following commands at the command prompt and press Enter after each command:
net stop binlsvc
net start binlsvc