How to Replace the CMOD Battery (CRU)
The battery (type CR2032) is located on the motherboard. If a RAID
Expansion module (REM) is installed in the server, you must first remove it
to access the battery.
Before You Begin
Sun Fire X4800 Server CPU Module (CMOD) and Filler Module Overview
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Remove the CMOD from the server. See How to Remove a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Set the CMOD on a flat antistatic surface with ample surrounding space and
- Remove the CMOD cover. See How to Remove the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- If the CMOD has a REM card installed, you must remove it
to access the battery. See How to Remove a RAID Expansion Module.
The REM card is supported for CMOD 0 (BL 0) only.
- Pry the battery out of the battery socket and remove from the server.
Note - Dispose of or recycle the battery in accordance with your local regulations and
- To install the new battery, place the battery on top of the
battery socket with the positive terminal (+) side facing upward and carefully
push the battery into the socket until it sits flat.
- If necessary, install the REM card. See How to Install a RAID Expansion Module.
- Install the cover. See How to Install the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- Install the CMOD into the server. See How to Install a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Place the server in standby power mode. See Power Modes.