How to Remove a NEM or a NEM Filler
Note - The NEM is a hot-swap capable component.
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Access the back of the server.
- Label and disconnect any cables attached to the Network Express module (NEM).
- To release the NEM, squeeze and extend the release handles outward in opposite
Pull the lower handle downward and lift the upper handle until both are
in there fully open position.
- To remove the NEM, pull it out of its slot using the
- Prepare the server for operation. See How to Prepare for Operation.
How to Install a NEM or a NEM Filler