How to Install the SP Module
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- To remove the SP module, see How to Remove the SP Module.
- Ensure that the SP module handle is in its fully open position.
- Slide the SP module into its slot until it stops (1).
Do not push the SP module any farther into the slot.
- Ensure that the pawl on the handle is aligned with and engages the
slot in the wall.
- Rotate the handle to the left until it is flush with the
SP module (2).
Caution - Pinch point. Keep your fingers clear of the back side of the lever,
the lever hinges, and the edges of the module.
This action pushes the SP module into the server and engages the
connectors on the rear of the SP module with the internal connector in
- If necessary, attach the multi port cable (see How to Install the Multi Port Cable) and any other cables.
- Prepare the server for operation. See How to Prepare for Operation.
How to Remove the SP Module