How to Install a PCIe EM or PCIe EM Filler
Note - The PCIe EM illustrations in this topic might differ from the model supplied
with your server.
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- If necessary, remove a PCIe EM or PCIe EM filler. See How to Remove a PCIe EM.
- Ensure that the PCIe EM handles are in their fully open position.
To unlock and extend the handle, pull up on the underside of
the release handle and lift the handle to its fully open position.
- Position the PCIe EM at the slot with the handle at the
- Slide the PCIe EM into the slot until it stops.
- Ensure that the pawl on the end of the handle is aligned
with the slot sidewall.
- Rotate the handle downward until it is flush with PCIe EM.
Caution - Pinch point. Keep your fingers clear of the back side of the lever,
the lever hinges, and the edges of the module.
This action draws the PCIe EM into the slot, engaging the PCIe
EM with its internal connector.
- Attach the necessary cables.
- Prepare the server for operation. See How to Prepare for Operation.
How to Remove a PCIe EM