How to Install a Fan Module Controller Board
Caution - Potential for system over-temperature and component damage. Do not attempt to operate the
system with insufficient cooling. Maintain the integrity of a properly functioning cooling system
by immediately replacing nonworking components and ensuring unobstructed airflow.
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Access the back of the server.
- If you are replacing an FB, see How to Remove a Fan Module Controller Board.
- Use the handle to insert the FB into the server (1).
- To secure the FB assembly, fully tighten the green captive screw (2).
- Orient fan shelf with the green release tab facing upward.
- To install the fan shelf, align it with the guides in the
fan bay and slide it in until it locks in place (3).
This action creates a click as the shelf locks into place.
- Install the FMs. See How to Install a Fan Module.
- Prepare the server for operation. See How to Prepare for Operation.
Sun Fire X4800 Server Subassembly Module Overview