|A P P E N D I X B|
Configure RAID Controller in the BIOS Setup Utility
The Sun-supplied hard disk drives for the Sun Fire X2270 are shipped without a RAID configuration. If a RAID configuration is required, you will need to configure the RAID Controller in the BIOS Setup utility prior to beginning your Windows Server operating system (OS) installation.
After completing the RAID Controller configuration in the BIOS Setup utility, and depending on the operating system and method that you are using to install the OS, continue with the installation procedure that is appropriate for your OS:
1. Reboot the server and press F2 when the Sun Logo appears.
The BIOS Setup utility dialog appears.
2. In the BIOS Setup utility dialog, select Advanced --> IDE Configuration.
The IDE Configuration menu appears.
3. In the IDE Configuration menu, select Configure SATA AS, then press Enter.
A menu appears listing the SATA options: IDE, RAID, and AHCI. AHCI is set by default.
4. In the SATA Options menu, select RAID, then press Enter.
5. Press F10 to save your changes, exit the BIOS utility, and reboot the server.
6. While the server is rebooting, press <Ctrl-I> to access the RAID configuration.
The Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM dialog appears.
7. In the main menu of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM dialog, select (1) Create RAID Volume, then press Enter.
The Create RAID Volume menu appears.
8. In the Create RAID Volume menu, do the following:
a. Provide a name for the RAID volume and press Enter, or press Enter to accept the default name.
b. Select either RAID 1 (Mirror) or RAID 0 (Stripe) as the RAID level, then press Enter.
Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the available RAID level values.
c. Specify the volume capacity and press Enter, or press Enter to accept the default volume capacity.
d. Select Create Volume, then press Enter.
A warning message appears stating that all data could be lost. Are you sure you want to create this volume? Y or N.
e. In the warning message press Y to confirm the volume creation.
The new RAID volume is created. Information describing the RAID volume appears (for example, the RAID ID, Volume Name, Level, Status).
9. Select EXIT and press Enter to exit the Intel Matrix Storage Manager utility.
A confirmation message appears confirming that you want to exit the Intel Matrix Storage Manager utility.
10. In the confirmation message, press Y to confirm the exit.