Switch Between Legacy BIOS and UEFI BIOS Mode
The BIOS firmware supports both legacy BIOS and Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
BIOS. The default setting is Legacy BIOS. Because the Windows Server 2008 and
2012 operating systems support both Legacy BIOS and UEFI BIOS, you have the
option of setting BIOS to either Legacy BIOS Boot Mode or UEFI BIOS
Boot Mode before you perform the installation.
Note - After you have installed the operating system, if you decide you want to
switch from Legacy BIOS Boot Mode to UEFI BIOS Boot Mode or vice
versa, you must remove all partitions and reinstall the operating system.
- Reset or power on the server.
- From the local server, press the Power button (approximately 1 second) on the front panel of
the server to power off the server, and then press the Power button again
to power on the server.
- From the Oracle ILOM web interface, click Host Management > Power Control and select Reset from the Select
Action list box.
- From the Oracle ILOM CLI, type the following command from the prompt:
-> reset /System
The BIOS screen appears.
- When prompted in the BIOS screen, press F2 to access the BIOS Setup
After a few moments, the BIOS Setup Utility appears.
- In the BIOS Setup Utility, select Boot from the top menu bar.
The Boot menu screen appears.
- Select the UEFI/BIOS Boot Mode field and use the +/- keys to change
the setting to either UEFI or Legacy BIOS.
- To save changes and exit BIOS, press the F10 key.