Remove the Rear I/O Module
The rear I/O module is a cold-service component that can be replaced by
- Take the necessary ESD precautions.
See Prevent ESD Damage.
- Locate the failed rear I/O module.
- Power off the server.
See Removing Power From the Server.
- Label the cables connected to the ports on the rear I/O module, then
disconnect the cables from the ports.
You will reconnect the cables to the same ports on the replacement rear
- Press the green button on the rear I/O module ejection lever and lower
the lever slightly.
- Lower the lever completely to unseat the rear I/O module, and then pull
the module away from the server to remove it.