Business Rules for New Share Reservations to-from Marsha
- All share reservation actions will be uploaded to Marsha CRS
- Break share in PMS does not refresh any rates/persons in former sharers that formerly had zero amounts.
- A reservation changed to zero rate amount will be accepted by Marsha CRS
- Marsha will accept name changes to any sharer
Upload of PMS share reservations
- To create a share reservation in PMS, the parent sharer reservation must be created first, and when the CRS confirmation number is returned, the (Combine Share) function in PMS can be used to share the guest with up to 4 other sharers in the same room.
- The maximum number of sharers allowed is five (5). All secondary sharers receive the same CRS number as the parent sharer.
- Changes to the profile data of all sharers are uploaded to MARSHA in the specific GST section for each sharer.
- The rate code of the sharer with the lowest PMS confirmation number will be sent to Marsha.
- The rate amount sent to Marsha CRS will be the sum of all sharing guests
Combine two transient reservations to a share
- The reservation with the higher PMS register number receives the CRS number of the reservation with the lower PMS register number.
- In case that not both reservations have a CRS number, the one existing is used for both.
- A change message with a new NAM component is uploaded.
- No information for the parent sharer needs to be sent to MARSHA.
- A cancel message is sent for the former single reservation that is now the second sharer.
Add to a share reservation
- If a sharer is added to an already existing share reservation and the first arrival date and last departure date do not change through this addition, three Update Reservation (BKGMOD) messages for the add-ons are uploaded to MARSHA.
- The first message contains the new NAM component with the sharer’s name and the new PMR component with the added PMS number.
- The second message contains the additional ACM and RAT components.
- And the third message is another upload of the added PMR component.
Staggered stay share reservation
- If one or several sharers have different arrival and departure dates that affect the entire stay range of the reservation, or if changes to the first arrival date or last departure date are made to either of the sharers in PMS, a change message for the parent sharer’s PMS number (lowest reservation number) is uploaded.
- It contains the first arrival date and the last departure date that covers the entire stay period of all sharers in the reservation. In addition, all sharer names are uploaded in this change.
- If the first arrival date and last departure date do not alter during a change to a share reservation, no change message is uploaded.
New group share reservation
During upload of the new group share, the block code is seen in the RAT component of the PST section. This block code is added through the rate code conversion table.
Business Rules Download for New Share Reservations from Marsha
- If a reservation for one room contains more than one name, the first name will become the primary guest and all others will become secondary sharing guests. Profiles for all guests will be created.
- If a combination of itinerary and share reservations come together in a download message, OXI will reject the message (multiple PST and multiple GST sections come down the reservation)
Download of new share reservation
- The message will be checked for the number of GST sections. For multiple GST sections, we will create a share reservation with up to a maximum of 5 sharers. The additional GST sections only contain the names, no address details are sent.
- One GST section per sharer is sent. Each of them contains the details for that particular sharer. Rates: we will apply the full rate amount to the primary sharer, which is identified by lowest PMS confirmation number. All secondary sharers will be inserted with zero rates.
- Adults will be applied according to each GST section sent from CRS.
- Profile related information that is part of the GST section will be applied to each specific sharer
- If the CRS reservation contains credit card details, only the main sharer reservation will have the credit card information. All the remaining share reservations and will use the OXI default payment method
- If the CRS reservation contains a membership number, this will be applied to the main sharer only as selected reservation membership. The profile of the main sharer will be updated with the membership details as well.
New group share reservation
- The message will be checked for the number of GST sections.
- For multiple GST sections, we have to create a share reservation with up to a maximum of five (5) sharers.
- The block availability is checked and one room is deducted, split into sharer reservations that carry the block code.