Credit Card Surcharge on Reservation Deposits
When the Cashiering>Credit Card Transaction Surcharge application parameter is set to Y, and a surcharge applies to the credit card payment method selected for the deposit payment, the upper grid (Deposit Requested) values will not reflect the surcharge amount. The surcharge will be included in the Deposit Screen lower grid payment Amount.
Deposits that are paid by a credit card that has a surcharge applied can be transferred to another reservation or reservations.
- A Deposit of 1000.00 is paid using a credit Card that has a 10% surcharge applicable.
- The Deposit Payment is recorded as 1100.00. The 100.00 credit card surcharge has been posted to the Guest Ledger using the transaction code defined by the Cashiering>Default CC Surcharge Trn Code application setting.
- On the Deposit screen in the lower grid, select the deposit payment record and click the Transfer button.
- Select the reservation to transfer the deposit to.
- When the Deposit Amount screen is displayed, the Available Deposit amount is displayed as 1000.00, not including the 100.00 credit card surcharge.