Pro Forma Folio
The Pro Forma Folio feature is available when the Cashiering>Pro Forma Folio application parameter is set to Y. To prepare a pro forma folio, select the Pro Forma Folio button on the Reservation Options menu or the Billing Options menu.
Note: The Pro Forma Folio option is not available from the options menu for sharing reservations other than the primary sharer.
Note: The pro forma folio provides a summary of estimated charges. Any final bill may or may not match the estimates on the pro forma folio and the charges shown on the pro forma folio should not be considered as binding.
A pro forma folio can be run for reservations prior to arrival or for reservations which have already checked in. For guests not yet checked in, the pro forma folio could include room charges, fixed charges, any routing charges, and all associated service charges and taxes for the projected stay. For guests who are already checked in, the pro forma folio would include all already incurred charges, as well as other charges projected through the end of the stay such as room charges, fixed charges, any routed charges, and associated service charges and taxes.
Note: The Pro Forma Folio option is not available for checked out reservations.
Keep in mind that:
- The pro forma folio covers the entire stay period. The From Date and To Date fields do not appear on the Folio Options screen that appears when you select the Pro Forma Folio button. Select the Folio Style button from the Folio Options screen to choose the folio style for the pro forma folio; if no style is selected, the default folio style (set by the Cashiering>Folio Style application setting) will apply.
- The pro forma folio will recognize the charges only for the dates where the charges can actually be posted to another reservation. This basically works on the same principle as routing where charge will actually route to another reservation only for those days that the dates for both reservations overlap.
- The Pro Forma folio will not recognize charges that are routed over multiple reservations (i.e., from reservation 1 to reservation 2 and then reservation 2 to reservation 3, etc.).
- The pro forma folio includes estimates of taxes and service charges that are applicable to estimated transactions.
- Package allowances are treated as if they were fully consumed.
- The pro forma folio is not stored for re-printing.
- Room-routing of charges are displayed on the pro forma folio for the routed to reservation and not for the routed from reservation. For example, Reservation A is for 3 nights and has room routing instructions to have all of their transaction codes for the entire stay routed to Reservation B. Therefore when generating a pro forma folio for Reservation B, the folio will display all of the anticipated charges for Reservation B as well as all of the anticipated charges for Reservation A. So the generated pro forma folio for Reservation A will display no charges.
- A site's customized folio is used to generate the pro-forma.
- The pro forma folio applies only to window 1 of the Billing screen.
- When you generate a pro forma invoice for any reservation, a Pro Forma Folio action record is created in the reservation changes log and populated with the reservation balance for reference. (The reservation changes log can be viewed by selecting Changes from the Reservation Options menu or the Billing Options menu.)
Sample Pro-Forma Folio
Note: If the Rates>Multi Currency application parameter is set to Y and rate codes are configured in various currencies, the rate amount displayed is based on the currency of the rate code. All revenue and balance amounts will use the currency exchange rate set per configuration and will display in the property's currency format.