Purpose: This is an aging report that shows you:
• the number of orders that have not yet had any items shipped
• the number of orders that have already had one or more shipments and are still open
• the corresponding number of days since the order was entered on the system (the number of days that the order has been open)
This information helps you identify the number of days orders remain open waiting for shipment of backordered items. For example, the report shows that you have 383 open orders for which you have already made one shipment, that are still open four to seven days after order entry.
How to print: Select the B/O Summary Report field on the Submit Fill Rate Reports Screen.
For more information: See the sample report in PDF format.
• Aging buckets: Seven different aging buckets that show the number of days an order has been open on the system (the number of days since the order was entered) and the number of shipments that have been made to date on the order. The aging buckets are pre-defined to the following number of days:
- 0-3 days
- 4-7 days
- 8-14 days
- 15-21 days
- 22-30 days
- 31-45 days
- 46 or more days
(This information might indicate that you may not have much movement on orders that have been on the system for a period of time, which might point to a problem with your vendor, purchasing department or projecting demand for items sold in the offer.)
• # of shipments: This column breaks out information on the report by the number of shipments that have already been made on each order that is still currently open. Once the order is closed, it is not included in the totals on this report. Ideally, you want to ship an order complete, in one shipment. Otherwise, you start losing money on shipping. The number of shipments reported here are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 or more shipments on an order.