Installing the Twitter Widgets app
Note: You must add the app to your catalog and install it before you can start using the service.
Important: The installation process must be done by a user with client administrator rights.
To install the Twitter Widgets app:
Follow the URL provided:
Note: If you have IP whitelisting enabled,
add internal Eloqua IPsto your whitelist.
- Click Get App.
- Log in with your Eloqua credentials, if required.
Click Accept and Install to add the app to your Apps list.
Configure the app. The following settings are defaults and can be overwritten at the instance level.
Default Twitter Handle: Enter a default Twitter handle that will be used by the various services/widgets.
- Language: Select the default language for the various services/widgets (such as the Follow button, time/date, and so on).
- Follower Count: Check the check box if you would like the follower count to be displayed next to the Follow button by default.
- Follow Button Size: Select the default size of the Follow button; medium or large.
- Conversations: Select whether you want to Show or Hide conversations for a tweet by default. When conversations are shown, it will highlight if the embedded tweet was in reply to another tweet, and it will include the initial tweet.
- Click Save.
- Click Sign In to grant permission for the app to communicate with Eloqua on your behalf.
- Click Accept or switch users.
The app is now installed and can be viewed in your Apps list (Settings > Apps, under the Platform Extensions section). Select an app to view a description, modify the configuration settings, reinstall, or uninstall it. You can also check its status and dependencies.
Warning: To modify configuration settings, navigate to Apps, select your app, and click the Configure icon . Selecting the Reinstall icon will force you to go through the entire configuration process again. The app will be unavailable for all users during the reinstall.