Deleting contact fields
You can remove an account field that is no longer in use or required.
Before you begin:
- When you delete a contact field, any data associated to that field is deleted and cannot be recovered or reported on.
- You cannot delete the default contact fields. These fields appear in bold.
- You must resolve all dependencies before you delete the contact field. A dependency could exist, for example, if the field is used in a view. You can check whether there are dependencies by right-clicking the contact field and selecting Show Field Dependencies.
To delete a contact field:
- Click Settings .
- Click Fields & Views in the Database Setup area.
- Expand the Contact Fields list on the Fields tab.
- Select the contact field you want to delete, and click Delete .
The Dependency Checker runs to determine if any other objects are dependent on this field. If there are dependencies, the Dependency Check dialog opens.
- If there are dependencies, review and resolve them.
- To view the a dependent object, click the dependency and click Open. If this button is disabled, you must manually remove the dependency.
- To cancel the deletion, click Cancel.