The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure DNS service lets you manage zones using the Console, CLI, or API.
A zone is a portion of the DNS namespace. A Start of Authority record (SOA) defines a zone. A zone contains all labels underneath itself in the tree, unless otherwise specified.
You can perform the following tasks with zones:
- Creating a Public Zone
- Creating a Private Zone
- Creating a Secondary Zone
- Delegating a Public Zone
- Adding Downstream Servers to Primary Zones
- Listing Zones
- Getting a Zone's Details
- Moving a Zone Between Compartments
- Updating a Secondary Zone
- Adding a TSIG Key to a Secondary Zone
- Deleting a Zone
- Formatting a Zone File