The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure DNS service lets you manage zones using the Console, CLI, or API.
A zone is a portion of the DNS namespace. A Start of Authority record (SOA) defines a zone. A zone contains all labels underneath itself in the tree, unless otherwise specified.
You can perform the following tasks with zones:
- Creating a Public DNS Zone
- Creating a Private DNS Zone
- Creating a Secondary DNS Zone
- Delegating a Public DNS Zone
- Adding Downstream Servers to a Primary DNS Zone
- Listing DNS Zones
- Getting a DNS Zone's Details
- Moving a DNS Zone Between Compartments
- Updating a Secondary DNS Zone
- Adding a TSIG Key to a Secondary DNS Zone
- Deleting a DNS Zone
- Formatting a DNS Zone File