Frequently Asked Questions
Make sure that you are signing in with your Oracle Identity Cloud Service login credentials. To ensure that you sign in through IDCS:
- Start at: https://www.oracle.com/cloud/sign-in.html.
- Enter your tenancy name and click Next. The IDCS sign in page is displayed.
- Enter your username and password and click Sign In.
- On the Console, open the navigation menu. If your account has access to Platform or Classic services, you'll see them displayed on the menu under OCI Classic Services. See also Navigating to OCI Classic Services from the Console.
Go to https://cloud.oracle.com.
You are prompted to enter your cloud tenant, your user name, and your password. After you're authenticated, you're directed to a region your tenancy is subscribed to. You can switch to other regions you are subscribed to by using the region selector at the top of the Console.
If you need more help signing in, see Sign In to the Console.
In the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure commercial realm , you can now use https://cloud.oracle.com to sign in to the Console from any region. The regional URLs are being deprecated.
Having one Console URL has the following benefits:
- Simplified sign-in experience
- Better Console performance and load times
- Improved Console availability
- Increased security
If the Console displays a banner notifying you of this change, you are currently using regional URLs. With the move to a single URL, you need to complete the following tasks:
- Start using https://cloud.oracle.com to sign in to the Console.
- Update any region-specific URL bookmarks to point to https://cloud.oracle.com.
- If you have firewall rules, add https://cloud.oracle.com to your allowlist. See Allowing Access to the Console from Your Network for more information.
- Notify other users in your tenancy of this change.
If you have questions or a custom configuration, create a support request. When describing your issue, include the following details:
- Service Type: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Problem Type: OCI Console.
- Problem Type Clarification: Console unified URL (cloud.oracle.com) migration issues.
You can access the My Services dashboard by using this URL:
where you replace <tenancyname> with your company's tenancy name.
When you sign up for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Oracle creates a tenancy for you in one region. This is your home region. Your home region is where your IAM resources are defined. When you subscribe to another region, your IAM resources are available in the new region. However, the definitions reside in your home region and can only be changed there.
Your home region contains your account information and identity resources. It is not changeable after your tenancy is provisioned. If you are unsure which region to select as your home region, contact your sales representative before you create your account.
To find out what your home region is:
Open the Profile menu and click Tenancy: <your_tenancy_name>.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides a set of APIs for the core services (network, compute, block volumes) as well as for the IAM and the Object Storage services.
For general information about using the API, see REST APIs. For service-specific operations, see the appropriate topic within the help.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure supports the following browsers and versions:
- Google Chrome 80 or later
- Safari 12.1 or later
- Firefox 62 or later (Private Browsing mode isn't supported)*
- Edge 104 or later
If you are having trouble signing in to the Console using the Firefox browser, it might be because of one of the following conditions:
You are in Private Browsing mode. The Console doesn't support Private Browsing mode. Open a new session of Firefox with Private Browsing turned off. If you require Private Browsing, you can set Firefox's
trueto allow the Console to save login-related information to local storage. For more information, see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/about-config-editor-firefox.
You aren't on the latest version of Firefox. Upgrade to the latest version. To check to see if you are on the latest version, follow these instructions: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/find-what-version-firefox-you-are-using
When checking the version, note whether you are using Firefox or Firefox ESR.
- Your Firefox user profile is corrupted. To fix this issue:
Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox.
- Create a new user profile and open Firefox with the new profile. See Mozilla Support for instructions on how to create a new user profile: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles
If none of the preceding suggestions resolves your issue, contact Oracle Support. In your problem description, ensure you specify whether you are using Firefox or Firefox ESR.
For Federated Users
If your company uses an identity provider (other than Oracle Identity Cloud Service) to manage user logins and passwords, you can't use the Console to update your password. You do that with your identity provider.
- Sign in to the Console using the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure User Name and Password.
After you sign in, go to the top-right corner of the Console, open the Profile menu and then click Change password.
- Enter the Current Password.
- Enter your new password in the New Password and Confirm New Password fields, and then click Save New Password.
If you added an email address to your user settings, you can use the Forgot Password link on the sign-in page to have a temporary password sent to you. If you don't have an email address included with your user details, then an administrator must reset your password. Contact your administrator to reset your password for you. Your administrator will give you a temporary password that is good for 7 days. If you do not use it in 7 days, the password will expire and you'll need to get your administrator to create a new one-time password for you.