Access to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic
There are two ways to set up a connection between an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic IP network and an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure virtual cloud network (VCN):
Option 1: Connection over the Oracle network
- You file a ticket with My Oracle Support and Oracle provisions a connection between the IP network's private gateway and the VCN's attached dynamic routing gateway (DRG). The connection runs over Oracle's network and not the internet.
- The two environments must be in the same geographical area, and the connection is available only between the specific regions listed in Overview.
- The two environments must belong to the same company. Oracle validates ownership when setting up the connection.
Option 2: Connection over Site-to-Site VPN
- You set up Site-to-Site VPN between the IP network's VPN as a Service (VPNaaS) gateway and the VCN's attached DRG. The connection runs over the internet.
- The two environments do not have to be in the same geographical area or regions.
- The two environments do not have to belong to the same company.