Publishing a Message to a Topic
Directly publish a message to a topic in Notifications.
Each message is broadcast to all subscriptions in the specified topic . Every message sent out as email contains a link to unsubscribe from the related topic.
Publish messages to function subscriptions to create automation. For example, see Scenario A: Automatically Resizing VMs.
Message delivery rate limits per endpoint:
- 60 messages per minute for HTTP-based protocols. HTTP-based protocols use URL endpoints that begin with
- 10 messages per minute for email protocol.
Before You Begin
- Open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under Application Integration, click Notifications.
- On the Topics page, for the topic you want, click the , and then click Publish Message.
In the Publish Message dialog box, for Message, enter the content that you want to send.
Message size limit per request: 64 KB.
For Title, enter the title that you want to send.
- For email notifications, the title is used as the subject line of the message.
- For PagerDuty notifications, the title is used in the title field of the published message.
- HTTPS, Slack, and SMS notifications don’t use titles.
- Click Publish.
Run the PublishMessage operation to publish a message to a topic.
For troubleshooting information related to published messages, see Message Not Received.